KJ Maxwell Gym Manager
1. I have 2 dogs and 2 kids.
2. I rode my bike across the United States.
3. I was born in the UK.
4. Besides climbing, I like mountain biking and running…sometimes.
5. I love cookies.
Maria Monaco Assistant Gym Manager
1. I have three amazing grown-up kids.
2. I have a 3 legged dog who loves to hike and run with me.
3. Besides climbing, I like to mountain bike, kayak, hike, and just be outside.
4. I’m originally from Hollywood, CA.
5. My first language was Portuguese.
Anique Johnson Program Coordinator
1. I have two mini Aussies, Hatley Rue and Willa Bea.
2. I am an avid participant in navigation and running races.
3. Bend is my second home and where I would love to retire.
4. I ❤ books!
5. I’ve visited 27 countries.
Stella Moll-Nevins Membership Coordinator
1. I live on Whidbey Island.
2. I love talking to people about gardening, especially vegetable gardening.
3. My husband and I are raising a son, a dog, 3 geese, and 10 chickens.
4. It’s been a couple years since I have been in good climbing shape. I’m working on it. Don’t judge me.
5. I love hearing dorky jokes. Please tell me some!
Cameron Dawson Front Desk
1. I wrote and directed a play that has over 2 million views on YouTube.
2. I have always lived in Mukilteo, WA.
3. I can navigate Japanese Gulch blindfolded (As long as I’m barefooted).
4. I am the director of a nonprofit.
5. I am a Hedonist Philosopher.
Reed Bishop Front Desk
1. I have too many fish tanks.
2. I’ve hiked to Everest Base Camp.
3. I’ve lived in a Buddhist temple for two weeks.
4. I paint miniatures in my free time.
5. I’ve driven from the East Coast to the West Coast by myself in a week (without a cat).
Devin Bishop Head Instructor
1. I majored in Electronic Music in college, I played piano for 35 years.
2. I have two grandsons — hoping to train them up to be my rope guns someday!
3. I’ve worked for VW in several capacities and locations since 2006.
4. I’ve summited Denali twice; Rainier over 80 times, which is way too many…
5. I like to climb cracks of all sizes — no surprise my favorite place on earth is Yosemite Valley.
Ian Borczon Front Desk
1. Born and raised in Pennsylvania.
2. Hiked the entire Appalachian Trail and ~900 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail.
3. Driven across the country 6x since 2019.
4. Used to be a high school rowing coach.
5. I enjoy sleeping on the ground and walking long distances.
Vayle Barela Front Desk
1. I’ve restored and lived in a 1984 Westfalia.
2. I love to surf and ski as much as my free time allows me.
3. My dog Basil is my other half.
4. I burp a lot more than the average person.
5. Doughnuts are my favorite food.
Kari Jeroue Front Desk/Youth Programs
1. I have a Bachelors degree in accounting.
2. I turned 13 on Friday the 13th.
3. I’ve traveled to Australia, Japan, Spain, Canada, Costa Rica, Panama, Hawaii, Alaska, and all over the states.
4. My first backpack trip I hiked the Wonderland Trail around Mount Rainier.
5. My partner and I started and own a tree care company.
Chloe Kim Youth Programs
1. I lived in Korea for about 7 years.
2. I have a slight fear of heights which is really great for climbing!
3. I tore a ligament in my ankle while walking.
4. I love to paint, draw, and do other types of art.
5. I eat way too many bolt gummies whenever I climb at Vertical World.
Chloe Coggins Youth Programs
1. I am the youngest of six siblings.
2. I lived in Hawaii.
3. I love hiking and paddle boarding.
4. I used to work with equine therapy horses.
5. My biggest fear is of caterpillars and worms.
Christine Luu Youth Programs
1. Hobbies I picked up during the pandemic are climbing, skiing, SCUBA diving, and baking alcoholic cakes.
2. I moved to Seattle without ever visiting and I never want to leave now!
3. I got over my fear of heights by going sky diving.
4. I am able to speak three other languages.
5. My first time outdoor sport climbing was at Smith Rock and my first multi-pitch and ice climbing was at Rocky Mountain National Park.
Jonathan Rippel Adult and Youth Programs
1. I am a Texas A&M graduate, WHOOP!
2. Bouldering is my favorite form of climbing, Hueco Tanks is my favorite place to climb.
3. I don’t have any experience with winter sports but love spending time kayaking in the summer.
4. Woodworking is my favorite pastime.
5. Pineapple DOES belong on pizza.
Dave Olson Front Desk/Youth Programs
1. I’m a passionate home cook obsessed with Japanese and Korean food.
2. My favorite climbing areas I’ve been to are Leavenworth and Joshua tree.
3. I love arêtes.
4. I take coffee a little too seriously.
5. I love listening to as much music as I can.
Fed Polyanskiy Front Desk/Youth Programs
1. I can play 14 instruments and Accordion is my favorite!
2. I speak 3 languages and I’m working on another two!
3. I love cracks, especially when I can fit a good knee lock in!
4. I’ve traveled through most of the US and driven from east to west coast 6 times!
5. I’m very proud of the Vegan Plov I can cook!
Paul LeDuff Youth Programs
1. I was born and raised in California.
2. I have one cat and a dog, Miss Kitty and Obie.
3. On my free time I enjoy woodworking.
4. I played in an international soccer tournament in the Netherlands.
5. I love making homemade Pizzas.
Cynthia Fisher Front Desk
1. I lived in a VW bus for 5 years
2. I’ve been climbing over 8 years
3. I love thin technical face climbing
4. I have an extensive vinyl record collection
5. When I’m not climbing, I love to be in the mountains with my dog Huckleberry
Sage Fairbanks Front Desk
1. I’ve been climbing since I was 5, but I just started getting serious about it in 2022.
2. I lived in San Diego for the past seven years.
3. I love to roller skate, especially on the street and at parks.
4. My favorite food to cook is risotto.
5. I have a cat named Mowgli.