Work for Us
YOUTH PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
Youth Program Instructors teach rock climbing classes and camps to students who are 3 to 17 years old. We have two seasons of our youth programs, September through June and late June through August. Our school year programs are year-long, while we also offer single day camps during school breaks. During the summer our focus is week-long day camps and month-long programs. Youth Programs Instructors also lead groups, parties and rock climbing experiences that come in for one-time experiences.
· Create and implement age-appropriate lesson plans for students (i.e. technique, climbing challenges, games)
· Create an appropriate balance of safety, technical skill, and fun in class
· Work in cooperation with a co-instructor
· Track student progress
· Manage a class of students with diverse ability and interest levels
· Experience working with youth, ages 3-17
· Personal climbing and top rope belay experience
· Enthusiasm for both kids and climbing
· First aid and CPR certifications (can be completed after hire date)
· Experience teaching climbing
· Experience leading groups of 8 or more children.
· Lead climbing experience
To apply, please email a resume and climbing resume to:
· Seattle: Renata@verticalworld.com
· Redmond: Jesse@verticalworld.com
· North: Anique@verticalworld.com
Open until position filled.
FRONT DESK POSITION
The front desk staff is responsible for providing excellent customer service, communicating gym policies and procedures to all clientele, and ensuring that all policies are being enforced. Along with front desk duties, front desk must be available to instruct at least one ongoing youth program per month.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Full-time position ~32 hours per week
· Weekend and evening availability required
· Friendly and enthusiastic
· Customer service and sales experience
· Excellent communication and ability to work with a wide range of personalities
· Knowledge of indoor climbing procedures and practices
· Prefer previous climbing gym work experience (and use of Rock Gym Pro preferred)
· Ability to supervise facility, follow and enforce rules and regulations
· Display good judgment
· Must be a competent climber
· Ability to teach beginners
· Ability to work with children
· Good administrative skills and ability to enter and review membership contracts
· Punctual, dependable, and reliable
· First Aid Certified
· Communicate policies, procedures, and safety requirements, and enforce all gym policies
· Risk management and floor supervision
· Provide general instruction on climbing techniques in a fun and engaging way during open hours and group events
· Give belay checks including all necessary documentation
· Explain climbing equipment, techniques, and risk management methods
· Maintain climbing equipment, including, but not limited to cleaning equipment, holds, ropes, route tags, etc.
· Ability to open/close the facility
· $15/$17 DOE
· Gym membership
· Industry discounts