Work for Us
Thanks for your interest in Vertical World employment!
YOUTH PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
Youth Program Instructors teach rock climbing classes and camps to students who are 3 to 17 years old. We have two seasons of our youth programs, September through June and late June through August. Our school year programs are year-long, while we also offer single day camps during school breaks. During the summer our focus is week-long day camps and month-long programs. Youth Programs Instructors also lead groups, parties and rock climbing experiences that come in for one-time experiences.
· Create and implement age-appropriate lesson plans for students (i.e. technique, climbing challenges, games)
· Create an appropriate balance of safety, technical skill, and fun in class
· Work in cooperation with a co-instructor
· Track student progress
· Manage a class of students with diverse ability and interest levels
· Experience working with youth, ages 3-17
· Personal climbing and top rope belay experience
· Enthusiasm for both kids and climbing
· First aid and CPR certifications (can be completed after hire date)
· Experience teaching climbing
· Experience leading groups of 8 or more children.
· Lead climbing experience
To apply, please email a resume and climbing resume to: Anique@verticalworld.com
To be considered for future openings, please feel free to email resumes and cover letters to: