Work for Us
Thanks for your interest in Vertical World employment!
As a company we strive to provide the best customer service, route setting, music, and cleanliness to
our customers on a daily basis. We treat all customer interactions as if we are serving our friends or
family. We accomplish this by hiring employee associates who care about climbing and our customers
and provide them with the training and motivation to give great customer service.
**Employee Vaccination Policy – Effective 8/13/2021:
All Vertical World Employees are required to be fully vaccinated, or receive their first dose by 8/31/2021, and their second dose by September 21st, 2021 unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.**
Front Desk Staff
The front desk sets the tone of the customer experience at Vertical World Climbing Gyms. It is the goal of the front desk employee to make everyone that walks through the door feel at home and comfortable. This outstanding customer service must be paired with unwavering customer qualification and risk management. Blending those three entities is the core value and measure of success of a front desk worker. Along with these principles a front desk employee should be a flexible, energetic individual, who thrives in an active work environment and is willing to get any job done.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Customer interactions
- Communicating policies, procedure, safety requirements and enforcing all gym policies
- Providing in depth customer tours of facility
- Customer qualification
- Belay checks
- Lead checks
- Provide activity specific orientations based on customer experience/qualifications
- Risk management and floor supervision
- In depth knowledge of gym offerings
- Cleanliness of facility
- Including but not limited to mats, equipment, surfaces, retail, etc.
- Maintain climbing equipment such as ropes, route, tags, holds
- Providing general instruction of climbing and climbing equipment in a fun and informative fashion
- Restocking retail area
- Assist in groups, events, and youth programs
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated and able to act independently
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Ability to deal with difficult circumstances with a positive attitude
- Great working ability in a family environment
- Must be a competent experience climber
- First aid and CPR certifications (can be completed after hire date)
To apply, please email a resume and climbing resume to Maria
Youth Program Instructor
Youth Program Instructors teach rock climbing classes and camps to students who are 3 to 17 years old. We have two seasons of our youth programs, September through June and late June through August. Our school year programs are year-long, while we also offer single day camps during school breaks. During the summer our focus is week-long day camps and month-long programs. Youth Programs Instructors also lead groups, parties and rock climbing experiences that come in for one-time experiences.
To apply, please email a resume and climbing resume to: Anique
Vertical World is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Here at Vertical World, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive and welcoming community in our facilities.