Work for Us
Thanks for your interest in Vertical World employment!
As a company we strive to provide the best customer service, route setting, music, and cleanliness to
our customers on a daily basis. We treat all customer interactions as if we are serving our friends or
family. We accomplish this by hiring employee associates who care about climbing and our customers
and provide them with the training and motivation to give great customer service.
We are currently hiring (click position for more info):
YOUTH PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
Youth Program Instructors teach rock climbing classes and camps to students who are 3 to 17 years old. We have two seasons of our youth programs, September through June and late June through August. Our school year programs are year-long, while we also offer single day camps during school breaks. During the summer our focus is week-long day camps and month-long programs. Youth Programs Instructors also lead groups, parties and rock climbing experiences that come in for one-time experiences.
- Create and implement age-appropriate lesson plans for students (i.e. technique, climbing challenges, games)
- Create an appropriate balance of safety, technical skill, and fun in class
- Work in cooperation with a co-instructor
- Track student progress
- Manage a class of students with diverse ability and interest levels
- Experience working with youth, ages 3-17
- Personal climbing and top rope belay experience
- Enthusiasm for both kids and climbing
- First aid and CPR certifications (can be completed after hire date)
- Experience teaching climbing
- Experience leading groups of 8 or more children.
- Lead climbing experience
Pay Range: $16 – $17.30 per hour.
PT Hours: 2 – 10 per week.
FT Hours: 30 – 40 per week.
- Combined Sick/PTO
- Free VW Membership
- Pro Deal and Industry Discounts
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance if full time (30+ hours) after 60 day waiting period
- Free access to all Seattle area climbing gyms (if full time)
- Matching retirement plan after two years employment
To apply, please email a resume and climbing resume to: Anique
Vertical World is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Here at Vertical World, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive and welcoming community in our facilities.